Ion: a time/age
Kairos: season of time where God does something in our lives. It's important to know the right season.
It is true that we are all blessed with all spiritual blessings, but the manifestation takes time.
There is a season for specific blessings.
A truth shared out of season is no better than a heresy.
Your greatest enemy will be what you did last year that worked.
Don't become comfortable with what has worked before.
This year God will bring you to new areas that you're not comfortable (to your flesh), not strong in, not talented in, so that you will see His fresh supply in all these new areas, and you will become stronger in these new areas.
When you look back, you wouldn't have it otherwise.
Grace is supply. If you're constantly exposed to areas you are already supplied, you're not opening yourself to greater supply and therefore there is no growth.
Step out of your comfort zone into the realm of faith.
We always talk about not having enough time, but when we step out and serve the Lord, He multiplies time for us, giving us the "life more abundant"
Serving God in the age of grace is God initiating (giving you the grace for it) and then you flow with Him. He will reward you for using the grace He first gave you.
God will use every excuse to bless you!
God only reveals sin to rescue.
The Year of Greater Glory (Doxa, Greek; Kavod, Hebrew)
- a good opinion concerning one, resulting in praise, honor and glory
- splendor, brightness of the moon, sun and stars
- magnificence, excellence, pre-eminence, dignity, grace
- majesty, the kingly majesty which belongs to God as supreme ruler
- glory, honor, abundance, riches, dignity, splendor
When God gives you glory, it means He always has a good opinion of you.
9 ‘The glory of this latter temple shall be greater than the former,’ says the Lord of hosts. ‘And in this place I will give peace,’ says the Lord of hosts.”
- because Jesus will walk in the latter temple
- glory is in the Person, not the place
- also refers to churches now
- 2 Corinthians 3
- grace exceeds much more in glory
1 Arise, shine;
For your light has come!
And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you.
2 For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth,
And deep darkness the people;
But the Lord will arise over you,
And His glory will be seen upon you.
3 The Gentiles shall come to your light,
And kings to the brightness of your rising.
4 “Lift up your eyes all around, and see:
They all gather together, they come to you;
Your sons shall come from afar,
And your daughters shall be nursed at your side.
5 Then you shall see and become radiant,
And your heart shall swell with joy;
Because the abundance of the sea shall be turned to you,
The wealth of the Gentiles shall come to you.
- v. 2: others will see the glory of God upon you in spite of the darkness on the earth
- God will manifest His splendor, pre-eminence, magnificence, and glory upon you
- 1 Peter 4
- 14 If you are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. On their part He is blasphemed, but on your part He is glorified.
- v. 2: "darkness" = dark cloud
- "deep darkness" = thick cloud
- first mention = when the 10 commandments were given
- contrast it with the mountain Jesus went up on (The Transfiguration) - where grace is, wherever Jesus is, there is no darkness but a bright cloud
- v. 3: the non-believers will come
- VIPs will come too
- it's not us attracting them, but the glory of God manisfested upon us
- where have we missed the mark?
- Romans 3:23
- 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
- if you lose your low life, you will find the high life
- whatever you release to God, you will never lose out, He will multiply it back to you, not only in quantity but also in quality
- Time is what we need multiplied and only God can do that
- v. 4: your children will want to be close to you
- v. 5: "wealth of the Gentiles will come to you"
- "abundance of the sea" = represent the world
First mention of glory
1 Now Jacob heard the words of Laban’s sons, saying, “Jacob has taken away all that was our father’s, and from what was our father’s he has acquired all this wealth.”
- "wealth" = kavod
- wealth is the first mention of glory
Kavad (root word of Kavod) = heavy, weightiness
"Kalah" = curse, make light of
First mention of kavad
2 Abram was very rich in livestock, in silver, and in gold.
- "rich" = kavad
God is saying that wealth is coming in 2014.
Rest is not inactivity, it's directed activity.
Flow with the Lord.
Glory = something about you that commands respect
22 And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: 23 I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.
- v. 22: "the glory which You gave me, I have given them"
- "have given" = perfect tense, given once and for all
- v. 23: the Father loves you with the same proportion as He loves Jesus
- the love of God for us gives us confidence